Innovative designs from our in-house engineers
Bespoke design is where we come into our own and our experienced in-house engineers work solely on RDP Health projects. Everything we innovate and build is done in-house. This keeps all of our designing and manufacturing expertise under one roof, so that any unnecessary expenditure is kept to a minimum, allowing us to pass these savings onto you.
Together, our team of electrical, mechanical and design engineers have over 45 years’ combined experience and they hit the ground running on designs and ideas as soon as a new project comes in.
This way of working means they can easily and openly talk through any specifications or queries with our sales and support teams, ensuring the end result takes into consideration all aspects of your daily tasks and challenges.
Our manufacturing process
- We begin all our manufacturing with a bespoke in-house design. This design is created from in-depth user research and a detailed understanding of a particular problem and what you need.
- Once a design is ready it will be moved into the prototype stage. This is a vitally important step, as when we’re manufacturing new products we want to make sure the design is suitable, functional, safe and sturdy, while also achieving everything you need it to.
- Parts are then ordered from our reliable network of UK suppliers and once on-site these same designers hand assemble them.
- The prototype model is then tested and trialled to fully test the manoeuvrability and functionality of the product.
- When a product is commissioned for launch, we ensure that everyone involved in the build is fully up to speed on the new design, new components and ways in which to assemble the new product safely, carefully and methodically.
Everything is made to order
All RDP products are made to order. This process can take anything from a couple of days to 8 weeks, depending on the quantity and configuration type. The timescale of an order is something we’ll talk through with you from the beginning of the project.
We use a tried-and-tested method of production which is thorough, practical and ensures our products are monitored by humans throughout the entire process. To us, this is more beneficial than a robotically assembled production line.
All our powered products are tested for 24 hours to ensure they accept a charge and discharge over a suitable period of time. A final quality control check is then carried out against all carts before leaving our factory.
Keeping things local
We believe in the value of supporting independent and local companies. For this reason, we source as many parts and components from near our factory, or from within the UK, as possible.
Our wide customer base ranges from the NHS, global logistics companies, pharmaceuticals and even the film industry. With this comes many unique requirements, so a trusted relationship with like-minded UK companies is important.
Frequent visits are made to all of our suppliers, which has allowed us to get to know them personally. Delivery times for parts are very reasonable, as opposed to making purchases from overseas that can cost greatly in both time and money.
Ensuring digital maturity
Across the world, the healthcare industry is going through a digital maturity. In a nutshell, this means hospitals and healthcare institutions are making use of digital technology to achieve a paper-free (at the point of care) healthcare system. Our carts help you on your way to achieving digital maturity.
See for yourself
Interested to learn more about our products or design and manufacturing process? Our team would be happy to talk you through them.
Medical cart support
All of our powered and non-powered medical carts are rigorously tested and we provide full after sales care and support packages. From your first enquiry to helping with any queries or troubleshooting needs you may have, we’re here to help and will respond within 60 minutes.Support